Download Mount Everest Spectacular Wallpapers in Ful HD 4K images for Desktop or Smartphone. Earth highest mountain “Mount Everest” is located in the Mahalangur mountain range in Tibet and Nepal. It is also known as Sagarmatha in Nepal and called Chomolungma in Tibet.Its peak from the sea level is 8,848 meters, which is current official height established in 1955 by Indian survey. The border between Nepal and China runs across Everest’s precise summit point. Peaks at its neighbors include Nuptse with 7,855-meter height, Lhotse (8,516 meters) and Changtse (7,580 meters).
The official English name was given to this mountain in 1865 by Royal Geographical Society , recommended by Andrew Waugh. Great Trigonometrical Survey of India established in 1856 the first published height of Everest 29,002 ft (8,840m) known as Peak XV.
This mountain attracts many climbers. There are two routes for climbers to reach the mountain one route from the southeast in Nepal to reach the summit and other from the north in Tibet. Climbers face many challenges during climbing on this mountain such as weather, wind, altitude sickness, Khumbu Icefall, and hazards from avalanches. There are over 200 corpses still present on the mountains as 2016 some of them serving as landmarks.
Mount Everest attracts a lot of people from all over the world and kept attraction for many climbers despite many hazards during its journey.
- George Finch and Geoffrey Bruce, first climb in 1922 to 8,000 meter.
- South Col first climb in 1952 by 1952 Swiss Mount Everest Expedition.
- Tenzing Norgay and Edmund Hillary, first ascent in 1953, on British Mount Everest expedition.
- Wang Fuzhou, Gonpo, and Qu Yinhua of China, first reported ascent in 1960 from the North Ridge.
- Junko Tabei, first female ascent in 1975.
- Jordan Romero, youngest only 13 years old to reach the summit in 2010.
- Melissa Arnot, Summit 5th time by breaking her record in 2013, and considered most successful summits by any non-sherpa woman.